Using a coupon code WAS a GREAT way to offer your books to organizations, contributors, and friends and family at a discounted rate. However, CreateSpace decided to eliminate this option as of 10/31/17.
You can no longer offer a coupon to sell your books at a discounted rate, directly to the customer. However, you can still sell your books in bulk at a discounted rate. You’ll have to do the whole process manually, and you’ll need payment up front from the organization, plus their shipping information.
This is what you’ll do:
- Find out how many books they want to order.
- Go to “order copies” on your dashboard.
- Put in the total number of books and proceed like you are going to purchase so that you can determine the tax and shipping on the books.
- Decide how much of a discount you will give. If it’s retailed at 19.99 and you can order copies for $4.50 each, you might sell to your organization of choice at $8/copy, as an example.
- Create an invoice for your client (prior to ordering) that includes the total cost for their books (at your discounted rate) + tax + shipping. So, if they’re ordering 50 books at $8/each it is $400 + tax + shipping. If you’re collecting through paypal, you may also want to figure in the 3% charge.
- Once you’ve received payment, you can place an order to direct ship to them.