What I Learned from the Career Beyond Your Blog Summit.
Are YOU hosting a virtual summit? Or thinking about it? Good for you! You’re in for an incredible experience.
Not only that, but you’ll grow your list, make some money, show of your expertise, and even make some important connections with other coaches in your niche.
But you can’t do any of that if you’re making these rookie mistakes.
Not planning ahead
A virtual summit is a big commitment. I mean huge. However long you think it will take for you to put together, double it for your planning purposes! There are all kinds of moving parts you must coordinate, including:
- Multiple speakers and their many scheduling conflicts
- Email autoresponder connections
- Upsell and downsell opportunities
- Landing and access page creation
- Promotion schedules and marketing materials
Clearly, this is not something you can pull together in a few days. Take your time, and consider hiring an expert to help you keep everything moving forward.
Not getting out of your comfort zone
As the host of a virtual summit, you don’t get to fade into the background. Make a commitment to put yourself out there, not only when it comes to promoting your event, but also when inviting guests. Reach for the stars, and don’t be afraid to approach your “dream” guest. You never know who might just say yes.
Not testing everything
Oh boy, did I learn the hard way on this one. It’s so embarrassing to send out an email that you worked so hard to craft, only to have person after person tell you the link didn’t work. NOOOOO!
No single webpage should be published, and no email sent without a thorough testing of everything, including:
- Buttons—are they clickable and do they lead where you think they do?
- Links—watch for broken links, placeholders and 404 errors.
- Spelling and grammar—proofread everything, including the names of your presenters.
- Upsell/downsell funnels—make sure products are buyable and easy to access.
- Content delivery pages—do your videos and downloads work?
- Guest offers—opt-in for all of your guests’ free offers to be sure they work as expected.
- Timers and coupons (if you’re using them)
There’s so much to do when it comes to running a virtual summit! I’d love to assist you through the process. If you’d like to talk more, grab a time to chat here.